Thursday, November 6, 2008

In retrospect . . .

Well, things don't always turn out as I would always like them to. Newsflash isn't it? Despite the obvious refusal of the world to do as I would wish and Barack Obama's successful attempt to 'Bogart' all the electoral votes, I find myself having to adjust my perspective of the world as I know it. They say if you can't be 'em, join em. I do not totally agree with that, but I see no reason that you should refrain from attempting a compromise. So starting today and for the next two years, I will do the "American" thing. As President Elect Obama so aptly stated in his acceptance speech:

"As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours: 'We are not enemies but friends...' 'Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.' And to those Americans who -- whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your President, too."

I did not vote for him, but he's my president, too.

No comments: