Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekends . . .

Einstein had something going with the whole relativity thing. I have my own theory regarding weekends. I don't know how E=mc2 will figure into it, but I know that somehow time accelerates over the weekend and then slows to a crawl. My weeks here have, for the most part, gone by fairly quickly. I set small milestones along the way so that I can act surprised when I get to them. Childish, I know. Wednesday night is the best one for me so far. I found a really good church here and look forward to visiting with the people there.


But back to the weekends. Thus far the weekends cruise by at the speed of light. I usually catch a movie and then do some hiking with a friend of mine from church. Today we hiked in an old abandoned mine up in the Huachuca Mountains. The weekends have been a great experience here, but they just fly by so quickly. I always seem to find myself on Sunday night lamenting the coming morning.


As I walked through Hasting's buying books to entertain me over the coming weeks, I also made a movie purchase. Their on the shelf was no movie other than "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken." Many may have no idea that this movies exists, but it stars Don Knotts as a would be newspaper reporter vs. an old haunted house and the murder mystery within. A lot of people don't like that kind of comedy, but I thoroughly enjoy it. I've watched it twice already, and Monday doesn't seem so bad. Can Don Knotts thwart the theory of relativity?


Maybe I'll make another disjointed post like this soon.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I caught on to that weekend-relativity thing a long time ago. :-) Same goes for lunch hours and coffee breaks.

Ash said...

Knotts can do anything, least of which is thwarting the theory of relaivity.