Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 1 Day 2

Well, day two is behind me. We drew our intial equipment from CIF, and I happened to be one fo the first done with the training. I managed to get back, set up most of my stuff, and have a little time to sit and read before doing my height/weight. I apparently shrunk and inch at some point. I have no idea where I lost it, but it's out there somewhere. That extra inch cost me about six pounds too. I am dangerously close to the maximum weight limit. So, I'm just gonna pray for my old height to return before tomorrow morning.


We sat through several briefings today. They were nowhere near as dreary and drudging as yesterday. I managed to keep my mood up and laughed through most of the day. A couple of the guys and I went out to eat for dinner and successfully blew coke out of our noses laughing. Not a bad day if it can end like that. Next week we will be out on the range the entire time. I'm always happy when I get to spend some time shooting!


There is a piece of paper or form for everything in the army. I'm sure there is even a form to get more forms. In a flame of common sense, someone in our platoon put together a large, three-ring binder full of pertinent information (telephone #s, addresses, next of kin, etc.). Across the top of the file folder he wrote, for the entire world to see, our company, platoon and squad. I am so proud to have that book out there now to let the world know how intelligent and capable the newly commissioned U.S. Army lieutenants. The file folder reads as follows:


1irst Squad, 3rd Platoon


So much for abbreviating! Apparently we aren't the only people to experience these problems. More to follow tomorrow. I'm hoping to hit up Oklahoma City this weekend with some time off. We'll see how it all goes.


No comments: